There are four types of information that this site may collect during your visit: network traffic logs, web visit logs, cookies, and information voluntarily provided by you.
INFORMATION WE GATHER
Acme gathers information, including personal information, mainly to communicate with you and to process your orders, but also to help improve our products and customer service, and to provide an enhanced and more personalized shopping experience. This processing: is necessary to perform a contract with you or take steps to enter into a contract at your request; is necessary for us to comply with a relevant legal obligation; is in our legitimate interests, subject to your interests and fundamental rights, and notably our legitimate interest in using applicable data to conduct and develop our business activities; or you have consented to the processing.
We may collect information from you when you:
- Visit our Website and use our Service,
- Place an order or receive an order, or
- Engage in other activities, services, products and resources we make accessible to our customers, members or users.
The types of information we collect include:
- Network Traffic Logs - In the course of ensuring network security and consistent service for all users, Acme employs software programs to do such things as monitor network traffic, identify unauthorized access or access to nonpublic information, detect computer viruses and other software that might damage Acme computers or the network, and monitor and tune the performance of the Acme network. In the course of such monitoring, these programs may detect such information as E-mail headers, addresses from network packets, and other information. Information from these activities is used only for the purpose of maintaining the security and performance of Acme networks and computer systems. Personally identifiable information from these activities is not released to external parties without your consent unless required by law.
- Web Visit Logs - Acme web sites routinely collect and store information from online visitors to help manage those sites and improve service. This information includes the pages visited on the site, the date and time of the visit, the internet address (URL or IP address) of the referring site, the domain name and IP address from which the access occurred, the version of browser used, the capabilities of the browser, and search terms used on our search engines. This site makes no attempt to identify individual visitors from this information: any personally identifiable information is not released to external parties without your consent unless required by law.
- Your Personal Information - To be removed from our electronic mailing list or to inform us of inaccuracies or changes to the personal information we hold on you, please contact us at 718-383-8585. Acme will, in accordance with applicable law, update, grant access to or delete such information. Please note, requests to correct or delete personal information are subject to any applicable legal and ethical reporting or document retention obligations imposed on us.
Acme does not process, collect, or store payment information for orders placed through the Website or the Service. All payments are processed through third-party vendors such as Athorize.net, Magento, Klaviyo, and ShipStation. For orders submitted through the Website, you will be notified during the payment process when you are accessing services performed by third-party vendors and/or when you are leaving the Website. If you have concerns about your personal and/or payment information and would like to which specific vendors have processed your information, please contact: firstname.lastname@example.org and 718-383-8585.
How We Use/Share The Information We Collect
We use information we collect to communicate with you, to process your orders, to improve our products and services (such as by responding to your feedback), and to conduct internal research (such as statistics on favorite -- i.e., most ordered -- products). We may also use your information, as necessary or appropriate in our view, to operate the Service, respond to your inquiries, and process orders.
How to Limit the Use Of or Modify Your Information
We want to communicate with you only to the extent you want to hear from us. Any promotional email we send to you will include an “unsubscribe” link to use or a link to opt-out of receiving further promotional emails from the sender. If you wish to set your preferences concerning promotional communications, please let us know by contacting us as noted below in the “How to Contact Us” section and identify your preferences regarding promotional communications. Your instructions will be processed as soon as reasonably practicable and in accordance with law.
In certain situations, we may be required to disclose personal data in response to lawful requests from public authorities, including to comply with national security or law enforcement requirements. We reserve the right to disclose information we collect from you, or that you provide to us, as required by law, in response to legal process and law enforcement requests, when we believe, in good faith, that disclosure is necessary to protect our rights, protect your safety or the safety of others, investigate fraud, respond to a government request, and to protect the rights or property of Acme, its users, customers, recipients, and vendors.
Maintenance of Information
We may retain your information in accordance with our data retention policies and for as long as your account is active or as needed to provide you services, comply with our legal obligations, resolve disputes and enforce our agreements, or until you request us to stop using it. We may, however, keep some of your personal information to ensure that we comply with your request not to use your personal information or comply with your right to erasure. For example, we must keep your request to be erased, even if it includes your personal data, until such time as you are no longer our customer. If you have questions about our data retention policies, or would like a copy of such policies, please contact us as noted below.
Portions of the Service (such as our Member registration and Address Book) may require registration and log-in processes in which you will select a user ID and password (collectively, the "Password"). Passwords provided to you by us are the confidential property of Acme and may be used by you solely for your individual use of the Service (and otherwise as specified by us). You are responsible for maintaining the confidentiality of any Password and for all activities that occur using your Password, whether or not authorized by you. You agree to immediately notify us of any unauthorized use of your Password or accounts.
How to contact us
To update your information, inquire as to what information of yours, if any, we are maintaining, request deletion or removal of your information, or for any other privacy related inquiries, please contact us by email at [email@example.com], by telephone at 718-383-8585, or in writing at:
Acme Smoked Fish Holding Corp.
30-56 Gem Street
Brooklyn, NY 11222
Alternatively, you can submit a request on our online form linked here