Meal Theme: No Cook / Sandwiches
Approximate Yield: 6 Servings
This smoked whitefish salad melt is perfect for lunchtime... and dinnertime, and breakfast too. Whether you make your whitefish salad at home, or use our easy and delicious packaged Acme Smoked Whitefish Salad or Spence & Co. Smoked Whitefish Salad, you'll be glad to have this recipe in your back pocket!
1. Preheat oven to broil.
2. In a large bowl, add the whitefish, greek yogurt, celery, scallions, jalapeno and celery seed. Fold together.
3. Place 6 pieces of bread onto a baking sheet, divide the whitefish salad onto the 6 pieces of bread. Top with cheese and place under broiler until the cheese is melted and bubbly.
4. Serve whitefish melt with celery root remoulade on the side.
5. For remoulade: In a medium bowl, add celery root, sweet gherkins, mayonnaise, salt, lemon zest and juice, mustard and sherry vinegar, whisk to combine.
6. Tips: Use a food processor fitted with a grater attachment to grate the celery root.